INDIAN EGG CURRY GRAVY RECIPE
The most delicious meatless dish, egg curry with an authentic and flavorful sauce, can satisfy your evening meals. If Indian non-veg meals fascinate you, read here to learn more about how egg curry can benefit you.
- Course - Side Dish
- Cuisine - Indian
- Prep Time - 15 minutes
- Cook Time - 20 minutes
- Servings - 6 servings
- Calories - 144kcal
- 6 Eggs
For roasting eggs
For the egg curry gravy
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- 1 tbsp - Butter
- 2 - Medium sized onions ( finely chopped )
- 1 tablespoon - Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ cup - Finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp - Alco Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp - Alco Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp - Alco Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp - Alco Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp - Alco Turmeric powder
- 1 - Chopped green Chili (optional)
- ½ tsp - Alco Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp - Kasuri Methi (i.e., dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1.5 cups - Water
- Salt to taste
- Cover the eggs with cold water in a pan. Let it boil.
- Cook the eggs for around 7 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs to cold water. When they get comfortable to handle, peel them.
- Toss the peeled, boiled eggs in ¼ tbsp each of the following: Salt, turmeric powder, chili powder
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil gets hot, add the eggs to the pan. Toss them in a medium-hot flame till you see small brown blisters on the eggs. Remove and keep aside.
- To the same pan add 1 tablespoon of oil and butter.
- When hot, add dry red chilies. Saute for 30 seconds until they turn smoked.
- Add the chopped onions now. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes. The onions should soften and start to brown by now.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Sauté for a minute. Keep stirring regularly. When there is no raw smell of ginger garlic left, lower the heat.
- Add the following now: Alco cumin powder, Alco coriander powder, Alco turmeric powder, Alco red chilli powder, Alco Kashmiri red chilli powder. Sauté the mixture for about a minute until they turn aromatic. Sprinkle a little water to prevent the mixture from burning
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Cook them until they turn soft and mushy.
- Add chopped green chilies and crushed Kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves). Mix well.
- Add some water when you see oil separating from the mixture.
- Season with salt. Now add Alco garam masala and fried eggs to the pan.
- Mix everything thoroughly. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Your mouthwateringly delicious egg curry is ready!
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg
If you find the above cooking steps too daunting, or you're in a rush, don't worry. You can make equally (if not more!) delicious anda curry with Alco's Egg Curry Gravy Mix. It gives instant mouthwatering egg masala curry gravy without you breaking into a sweat working with all the above ingredients.
Besides Alco Egg Curry Gravy Mix, Alco Foods offers a vast range of masalas and instant gravy mixes. Try our products and your food will turn out to be next-level delicious!
FAQS ON INDIAN EGG CURRY GRAVY RECIPE
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.